Bloggers???

NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
Curious how many people on here have a blog?

Doesn't necessarily have to be IT related...just curious what kind of content you guys are putting out there.

**Hopefully nobody is blogging about their cats**

Comments

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got a VMware related one - but that isn't public - its more like my own knowledgebase

Wonder who get the meaning behind the domain though :P (open902.com)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VMwares management console port :)
    I am running a website/blog as well openflare.org about infosec and tools
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've got a "blog" in my signature... It's not really a blog per se, as I don't keep it up to date with new posts of stuff I'm learning.

When I started it, I thought it would snowball and get bigger and bigger - I probably don't find writing as enjoyable as other bloggers, or maybe the stuff I'm learning is outside of IT and not something I had intended to blog about - I don't know which.

So for now, it's just a shrine to Jim Rohn! and bunch of Microsoft links, but maybe someday it'll have some good VMware content.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have one and am in the process of moving it to proper self-hosted one. It's easy enough to start a blog but very difficult to keep it going!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    I have one that I try to keep up to date as possible. Its mostly EUC based and I try to cover both VMware and Citrix in equal measures.

vhorizon.co.uk
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    I have one and am in the process of moving it to proper self-hosted one. It's easy enough to start a blog but very difficult to keep it going!
    You've got a pretty awesome lab there Essendon! How do you like the Starwind SAN?
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I try to write about what I'm learning, but just end-up second guessing myself and keep it private. I guess it's more of a diary.
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    I have a blog that I write about the darkness that lives inside of me. All of those negative thoughts and feelings come out in it. No one can read it though or they would think I'm crazy.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One of my true passions is sports and with the upcoming new football season I'm gonna try to get myself to write a sports blog. My dream job would be a sports reporter or a coach or something. Basically the blog would be analysis of plays and how players made them work or fail, and writing up my own mock plays.
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm kind of surprised how many people said they have one, but didn't link it.

I just recently started my information security blog...that covers my own independent research and proof of concepts.

Shortbus Ninja Security icon_thumright.gif
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Thanks for that. I have big plans for a political blog of sorts, and I've had the domain parked for years. But honestly I'm years away from having time for that so we will see when I get around to it. I've also wanted to have a general blog where I post about everything random.

As for IT, I too would like to have a InfoSec blog (with general IT stuff thrown in as well). Mine would be more GRC related, but I think it would be a great way to improve my knowledge and retention, keep skills sharp.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Mine is mostly a technical blog on my journey to the CCIE R&S. It helps me keep count of the amount of hours I have invested in the certification and it's good for reviewing some of the technologies I havnt touched in a while.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like the fact my website is hosted on a dedicated VPS, this allows me to use it for more purposes tha just a blog such as IRC bouncer, ownCloud hosting, host my own tools I develop, proof of concepts of security vulnerabilities I research with the ability to link to my own advisories. having this is great and costs only 23$~ a month.
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I've been blogging for about two months now and it's more or less me writing articles/summaries to make sure that what I'm reading sticks. I was already doing that before the blog, it's just a bit more formalized now. The actual content is probably only interesting to someone who is studying the exact same things, but if you're into BGP I'm currently blogging about a BGP design book. Link: Fredrik's Networking Blog | Notes by an aspiring network engineer
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    I have a blog in my signature where I talk about Smart Buildings. It's a different take in that I am coming at technology from the system integrator side...

-Phil
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have one but hardly every create posts which is a shame. Experienced a learned a lot of good stuff the past few years.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    NovaHax wrote: »
    Curious how many people on here have a blog?

Doesn't necessarily have to be IT related...just curious what kind of content you guys are putting out there.

**Hopefully nobody is blogging about their cats**

I have a triathlon / cycling blog : halfirontri.wordpress.com
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just started for the above mentioned reasons; to summarize what I learned throughout the day studying. I keep it mostly private. I send links to friends which gives exposure to my study habits (the peer pressure/friendly competition helps keeps me going). They bust my chops if I miss a day, etc, etc.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    I have a blog that I haven't updated for over a month. really should... Think I will.

http://readysetvirtual.com
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did updating it consist of powering down the server? Cause I'm getting webpage not available.
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Interesting. it looks like the redirect stopped.

Just try with the World Wide Web attached. ReadySetVirtual seems to be working. I'll have to sus out what changed with the DNS.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    See my signature. Not often updated, still trying to figure out how to find "new" malware.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haven't updated mine in a good while as I've been busy with studies, but I put my heart into it. Mainly about nutrition/fitness and I eventually will be adding a section on independent thinking:

thesuperiorspecies.blogspot.com
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a blog but dropped it out and started to write for some spanish known blogs, thus increasing my visibility and expanding my contacts network.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    In my sig is mine. Mostly about linux+ certification. With the occasional random technology post.

When I move on to my next certification I'll make similar posts about that.. Tips, study materials, lab set up etc..

I'm not super active and it's mostly to collect my own thoughts for myself.
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bryzey wrote: »
    In my sig is mine.
    you have no sig :P
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I need to get back to mine at some point. I drop in and out of it, but last few years work has been crazy and its not high on my list of things to worry about. I originaly built it from scratch, self hosted and right at the start was in plain HTML (this i think is the only original part of it Switch Form). No hosted using wordpress so creating it was a learning experience in its self. However I am not thinking of having more of a Blog on Linked in and posting things there.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I blog at the link in my signature. I can relate to you guys on trying to keep posts coming regularly. The type of person who starts a blog often seems like the person who is too busy to keep it going easily.

Asif, I love the Jim Rohn Rohn shrine. :D