Options

Can I post a job here? Also - Job Inside

Kimmels N' BitsKimmels N' Bits Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I tried looking for a rule for whether or not I could post a job here but couldn't see one. Some cursory looking has also not come up with an example I could follow. Let me know if this is in error and this post can be deleted.

https://careers-modus.icims.com/jobs/1237/network-support-administrator/job

Comments

• Options
    richnewmanrichnewman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you working there now? I'm curious what it's like to work there.

Also I'd like to PM you if you can confirm your account and/or allow PMs.
  • Options
    Kimmels N' BitsKimmels N' Bits Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sure am working there now and am currently wearing multiple hats (A situation I'd like to improve for myself. . .). I'm the MS SQL DBA, the hosting infrastructure guy, dev lead for our occasional development projects and currently the general IT guy.

We work in the industry of eDiscovery. I don't do a great job of explaining it but wikipedia can save the day if you're interested. In short - we are a vendor that works with law firms and corporations to extract metadata related to legal cases and host it for lawyers to review.

We acquired another, larger, company a couple of years ago and I have yet to actually visit their offices so I can't really talk much about the environment there. Here in the DC office and the PHX office it's a fairly fast paced environment - we're at a stage of pretty constant growth right now so theres some strain in the infrastructure and a lot of general IT work that needs to get done. It can be stressful as our clients work almost 24/7 and we have to offer them access to their data at all times and must keep downtime to a minimum. As a combination of how fast we've grown and where we were not 2 years ago we have traditionally had only one primary IT person to handle essentially everything.

I enjoy working here. There's always something new to learn or some challenge to overcome as we keep up with the amount to do. On the development/SQL side they always seem to have new and interesting ways to want to manipulate their data which is kinda fun. The environment here in the DC office is fairly laid back, with casual dress as the norm unless clients happen to be visiting. I have a ping pong table at my right as I post this and everyone I work with is fun to work with.

Unfortunately I'm not able to PM until I have 10 posts. I noticed the welcome email I got said to reply back to let me PM faster so I went ahead and did that. Might be a little while.