Options

Would you take this gig?

Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
I currently work in a bad environment. Look at my previous posting (Horrible work environment). I was offered a position working in MD for $60hr with hotel and rental included. Here's the thing...it's only for 6 weeks with a possible extension.

Comments

• Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you can take the risk of possibly not having a job after 6 weeks then I would do it.

I would also just chat with them and ask them what are the realistic possibilities you'll be picked up and if there is an extension does that mean possible permanent position or just another 6 week stint?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Up to you, but 6 weeks are done in the blink of an eye. What then if the extension doesn't pan out? Can you survive on savings for a while?
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As previously stated, how can you get along after 6 weeks?
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Up to you, but 6 weeks are done in the blink of an eye. What then if the extension doesn't pan out? Can you survive on savings for a while?

I'm going to accept if the end customer say's okay. I don't have any debt; just rent. Another plus is I won't be doing Help Desk!
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    I would consider it as long as 1.) you can survive after the 6 weeks and 2.) is doesn't become a trend.

The last thing you want is to be labeled as a job hopper. Few months here & there type of situation unless of course you're a consultant

Best of luck
  • Options
    2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i would do the math.. if its 60 bucks an hour and 8 hours a day for 6 weeks thats about 12k right? im not good at math
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would do it. That's just me though.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take it and save up so that you'll have something in between jobs if they don't offer an extension.
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    W Stewart wrote: »
    Take it and save up so that you'll have something in between jobs if they don't offer an extension.

If you do take it I would consider being on the lookout during those 6 weeks too in the event that it doesn't pan out in your favor after the 6 weeks.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University