Options

Router on a Stick with DHCP on Packet Tracer.

VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
I noticed some threads come over concerning Inter-Vlan routing and such, and just wanted to pass on a link to a video I created showing the process done in Packet Tracer. Sometimes Packet Tracer can be quirky, and may not allow more than 2 vlans to inter-route. I had helped out another user on this forum concerning the issue.

For the exam objectives on the CCENT, all you need is to keep it simple because you may get questions as far as what commands are used to set up a ROAS or they may show you a diagram and make you identify what commands would be used to complete the layout.

I also used DHCP in this setup to add a little extra action. You should also know basic DHCP setups for the CCENT exam as well.

Of course, when possible, use real equipment if you can, but in this instance there is not much of a difference between Packet Tracer and the real thing. This can also be setup on a GNS3 lab.

Router on a Stick / DHCP on Packet Tracer 6
Router on a Stick / DHCP on Packet Tracer 6 - YouTube

Good luck all.

VinnyCisco
"Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    VinnyCisco wrote: »
    I noticed some threads come over concerning Inter-Vlan routing and such, and just wanted to pass on a link to a video I created showing the process done in Packet Tracer. Sometimes Packet Tracer can be quirky, and may not allow more than 2 vlans to inter-route. I had helped out another user on this forum concerning the issue.

For the exam objectives on the CCENT, all you need is to keep it simple because you may get questions as far as what commands are used to set up a ROAS or they may show you a diagram and make you identify what commands would be used to complete the layout.

I also used DHCP in this setup to add a little extra action. You should also know basic DHCP setups for the CCENT exam as well.

Of course, when possible, use real equipment if you can, but in this instance there is not much of a difference between Packet Tracer and the real thing. This can also be setup on a GNS3 lab.

Router on a Stick / DHCP on Packet Tracer 6
    Router on a Stick / DHCP on Packet Tracer 6 - YouTube

Good luck all.

VinnyCisco

Thank! - this was helpful to me. :)
  • Options
    VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    You are welcome. Anytime.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
  • Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    That's awesome. Make some MORE!
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005