Options

Ever get stalled on a stupid exam?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was passing exams left and right and then I failed Microsoft 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals.

That was a month ago and I'm still stuck on it. It's for WGU, I don't want to do it, don't want to study it. I want to work on MCSA, VCAP or CISSP. Not some stupid basic microsoft exam.

This ever happen to anyone else? Any tips for pushing through?
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    Just force yourself to push through it, but make sure you are well rested, fed, and relaxed before going in. I stalled a bit with my studies. I originally had planned to do CLC1 in a couple of weeks but it's been over a month now and I've only studied for a couple of days max in all that time. I finally sucked it up, did the pre-assessment again, and now I'm scheduling the actual exam.

So much wasted time on my end! Don't do that to yourself, so hit the books and just do it!
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to take it as well. Was the study material not enough?>
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    When I first read the subject of this thread I thought this was about actually getting stalled while taking an exam which happened to me when the test engine crashed once on the last question of ICND2 (I'm not joking).

On the topic of what the thread is actually about, you just gotta hack away at it until you can overcome. Try to focus on the outcome, the final result, and at that point you will be able to look back and be glad you pushed through. If the amount of content is overwhelming, try breaking it down domain by domain and focusing on one domain a day for example. I found breaking it up into smaller chunks like that seems to help.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Same here as Vask3n...test engine quit in the middle...not real happy, but things worked out.

THe title maybe would have been more appealing as "dreading exam" or "bored with exam topic, and not looking forward to exam".... Regardless, to get through, set a goal, work through it, it's the only way for required exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When a boring project lands on your lap at work you will be expected to suck it up and get it done.

Break it down into parts. Manage the parts till your done. If you focus on completion you might never start.

Good Luck!