Options

Outward Certification

snobirdsnobird Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just changed jobs due to my old company outsourcing the whole IT dept, I have 3 years of helpdesk/lead tech experience and was working towards some Microsoft entry level certs and then I was going to go into N+ and continue my network cert path from there. My new Job wants me to focus on Outward Certification first and then go into N+ and they will pay for both.

My question is does outward hold any weight? It is not required t get it but they do prefer it, has anyone got this cert?

Konica Minolta Outward Certified Professional Is the cert I would end up with.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. Let me open by saying that I hate printer/copiers. When I watched Office Space I felt the world understood me icon_smile.gif

But going back to your original question, if your job pays for it and it will benefit your current position, why not? Will it have any future value? I really doubt it, unless you stay in positions that will involve those specific printers.
  • Options
    snobirdsnobird Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha, great movie.

Thanks, I will go ahead and work towards it, a lot of tests involved though. I do agree though why not and I guess anything to enhance my resume even slightly would be nice.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You state you are "requested" to focus on the certification. The truth is that you should get the certification. It may not help you with other jobs but it will help you with your current position.