Options

CISSP Exam on Friday. Very anxious.

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, here it goes. I don't feel prepared at all. I have gone through much of Shon Harris and also read through most of Sybex 6th. Currently, going through 11TH hour. I have 6 years of IT experience with some experience in Audit. My weaker domains are indeed Telcom, Crypto and Software Development Security. I don't want to postpone the exam for the 5th time and have decided to go for it. Pretty confident that my strength in other domains will help me somewhat. Suggestions are welcome :P
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• Options
    EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have surely studied enough... try concentrating on question answering strategies and pacing yourself for the exam. Trust me, answering techniques in about 30% of the exam.

Read my "So you want to be a CISSP...?" post
  • Options
    LionelHutz32LionelHutz32 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    EasyPeezy is correct ...after completing the exam a few days ago I certainly feel that I over-studied for it, all those small technical details in domains such as Cryptography that I memorized never really came into play ...developing a good understanding of how things work at a higher, more abstract level and learning the style of the CISSP questions is much more important.

At this stage you have probably memorized as much technical information as you can, so its definitely worth reading through posts like EazyPeezy's "So you want to be a CISSP...?" and other post-exam experience threads on this forum, it really helps you get focused on the type of questions expected and how to answer them.

Good luck!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Make sure you relax today. You can thank me tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stop being nervous. The test is nowhere near as intimidating or difficult as people cry and make it out to be. I'm sure a lot of those critiques come from being underprepared.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    GeneCGeneC Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having just missed out on passing two weeks ago, everyone is correct in saying that it is how you take the exam that will cause headaches. I believe that you have the knowledge and concepts but it comes down to picking the right / best answer.

From my own personal experience I belive that my downfall may have possibly been changing answers on my final pass. Your first answer is usually your best.

Best of luck!

Gene
  • Options
    exspiravitexspiravit Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, most certainly you must relax today. It would be a totally random occurrence that something you read today would come into play tomorrow and would not make that much of a statistical difference in you passing. If you want, you can try and study the syntax of the questions to home-in on the keywords required for the answer, but, that is a technique that I like to use, and is not the same as gaining new knowledge.

Relax, get some good food. Wake up early enough to have some breakfast and have the food fully digest. Relax.
  • Options
    11 hours to go. I am going through the 11th hour and the SunflowerPDF. I feel, I know a lot of this stuff but, am not quite confident with my Telcom and Crypto. Not feeling confident there. Well, I am done packing my things. The ID's and stuff. Anything particular I should pack or know?
  • Options
    exspiravitexspiravit Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My crypto and telecom questions were no sweat. But, each test is different. That being said, the tests should be at the same difficulty level overall. My test (June 28th) had far fewer technical questions than I thought it would, think along the lines of managerial/top-level. It was kinda more conceptual, if that makes sense? A lot of what is the MOST or LEAST type of questions.

I'd suggest to do yourself a favor and simply not worry about it. If you become to anxious you'll make the mistake of changing answers and second guessing yourself. Just do the exam, if you can't figure out the question quickly, mark it to come back, and move along. Especially in the beginning. You will have remembered more material further along the test as your brain is exercised.

Also, be sure to take a break every 40-50 questions or so. Stand up, walk, get something to drink. Think about something else, look at clouds, study the fabric weave of the carpet, etc.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope you come back with good news!
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    cgrimaldo wrote: »
    I hope you come back with good news!

So do I! I love to follow posts like this and see either the congrats after a successful pass, or advice and encouragement after a miss.

Not that TheProfezzor has anything to worry about... :)
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck!

I'm considering taking it in a month.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Heading off to the testing center. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! Looking forward to the results when I wake up.

(I'm assuming you're overseas given the hour...)
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If anything helps
    1) Eliminate answers that are totally not correct
    2) Remove answers that both had the same meaning (there is no two correct answers to a questions)
    3) Rephrase answers using the writing material when 4 of them are worded confusingly.
    4) Highlight key words, BEST, NOT and take note of the chronological details

EDIT: Oh, its too late, wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    Updates.