Options

Suggestions?

MaikeruMaikeru Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey I'm new to the forums, my friend recommended it to me

I don't have any certifications at the moment, however I have some technical qualifications in IT (Diploma | Systems Support)

alongside that I'm studying for a BSc in Computer Networks (Management and Security) in September.. Within the first year of the course we will learn about computer systems, how they work and the different connectors etcetera, alongside some network and security modules and a wide variety of others (obviously) (the degree itself will be complete over 4 years)

For students on the networking degree they offer a free training course for the CISCO CCNA Certificate.

is there any point in getting the entry certificates (A+ N+ S+) since the very foundation of my Diploma covered the majority of the areas in these certifications... I don't see a point in taking the exams since I already have done a course based around those 3 certificates

What suggested certificates would you have for me to get during this 4 year period that I'll be at University??

(I don't really fancy bothering with the entry CompTIA certifications until closer towards graduation year and/or unless absolute necessary)

I also want to try and get a certificate prior to starting the course if possible (I'm willing to study up to 6 hours per day until September

Thanks
--Maikeru--

Comments

• Options
    swellbowswellbow Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd get the A+. It's the quickest/easiest of the 3 (especially given your prior training) and it's often a requirement for entry-level positions. That said, CCNA pretty much covers Network+, and there are better alternatives to Security+.