Options

Certifications Question Types?

hell911hell911 Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not sure if this question is even allowed here. icon_sad.gif

Hyper V certification had (reportedly) case base questions, like... you are a network engineer, you have to isolate these networks, etc, what will be the best approach?

So now, I am looking at Comptia exams, the sample questions written here are like.. Which of the following is a type of internal battery in a laptop computer?

Sample questions in comptia website are straight to the point, there is no case scenario.
Will it be the same "type" of questions when I will go for an actual exam, and there will be no scenario based questions?

Comments

• Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    Depends on which certifications you take but I can tell you that CompTIA certs also have case based questions(plenty of them), and in some cases even mini lab based questions. I took my Network+ last year after my employer gave me free material and said they would pay for it. During my exam I had several case based questions and a couple of labs involving best practices for wireless networking and even a simple switch setup.

I don't exactly know why you're asking this question but I can tell you that to my knowledge there aren't any strictly multiple choice certification tests. A+ is about as close as you're going to get.