Options

Possible to do these two certfications on the same day?

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey Guys,

I kind of want these both kind of badly and I want to blow them away sooner rather than later. I want some knowledge from them both.

Is it possible to do CompTIA Storage + and Project + on the same day?

I'd like Linux + but doing that on the same day may-be um a bit much, lol.

I set a goal to get 7 certfications this year and so far I got 4, CCENT being one of them. If I'm accepted into Stanly I guess it will be 8. ;)

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you may be better off doing one certification at a time. The only other time you may want to do this is for A+ or ICND1 and ICND2.
    If you just keep cramming, you may loose some knowledge over time after the exam.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd recommend studying and sitting for each exam separately. I found both exams to be fairly difficult. If you have extensive hands-on storage and project management experience, then it may not be that difficult for you, however.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Yep, it is possibly, but unlike taking both A+ exams the same day, what you are hoping to do is a little different. In this instance, I would probably schedule them first thing in the morning on consecutive dates, but if my testing center was far away or it was difficult to squeeze exams in with my work schedule, then I would take them all the same day.

If you have experience with the subject matter, it is definitely doable, just make certain your reasons are sound (I.e. It makes sense because of your circumstances rather than doing it for bragging rights).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?