Options

Any advice from Network Engineers? Starting up Network ENgineer level II at FIserv

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys,
I am starting up a network engineering job in 3 weeks. I got highered by Fiserv and well
I was wondering if you guys had any advice going into this job. Do you have any tips and suggestions
that I should look out for?I have my own way but this is a raw network engineering job. DO you guys have any wisdom to give me sort of like a live NETWOR Warrior one on one advice before heading to work? Yeah I turned down the network admin job so I can get my foot in door to work my way up the ladder in network engineering which I seem to really enjoy he most. No servers just network gear and telecommunication stuff. an services...
thank you. below is the job and company..my interview experience was very fun.they seem like good people to work for...

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13664652

Comments

• Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    I was in a similar position as you just about a year ago, I just had my ccna ( no experience ) and a bag full of ambitions. If they hired you knowing your skills sets then you shouldn't worry much, focus in one particular are, either voice, R&S or security, show interest and push your motivation to learn as much as you can. think out of the box, show your team leader courage and never deny any task that they may assign to you.
    Best of lucks and congratulations, you visualized now you here, enjoy the ride to success.
  • Options
    thanks Luber, yeah thank God I have some experience on my recent job. But it was an IT Manager job
    and meeting and paper work took me away from my true love is network engineering but I have done a lot.
    Not as much network engineering as I like but had like 3-4 years of light - medium network engineering.
    Built a multiple context firewall ASA 5510 and some vpns. But yeah this is a network engineer job no servers
    thank god hahahahhah LOL! I will let you know how it goes...but what kills me is the HIGH deductible medical insurance wow BIG deductible 8K max sucks! but I hope in 3-5 years I make more money. must get my ccie now hah I hope ;)
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you can go ahead and wring the necks of the team that packages DTClient, I'll be thankful.

Really though, congratulations on the job.
  • Options
    Linux buser thanks bro yeah I am excited about this...I hope to learn a lot and push my certification
    I hope I get better taking ciso exams. and I hope working in networkengineering enhances my skills
    so I can test better and faster ;)