Options

*TechNotes* CCSP 642-551 SND

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Here are the first of a series TechNotes for the CCSP 642-551 Securing Cisco Network Devices (SND) exam. Unlike TechNotes I've written for other exams, these will be a bit shorter and cover only one or two exam objectives per TechNotes (so I hopefully can add new ones more frequently).

icon_arrow.gifManagement Protocols Vulnerabilities *new*

icon_arrow.gifAutoSecure *new*

icon_arrow.gifImplement Syslog Logging *new*

These notes will eventually, some day, be combined in a single PDF file. Please let me know if you have any comments, suggestions so I can add/change it before it ends up in the PDF guide.

Enjoy!
Johan

Comments

• Options
    Just added another one, I wrote most of it for other exams earlier, just had to 'Ciscosize' it a bit:

icon_arrow.gifManagement Protocols Vulnerabilities

More comming up soon, I want to get a fair amount of these done so I have something to base practice questions on. Plus it fits in nicely with writing Sec+ notes.

If something TechNotes seem a bit 'thin', it may be because I'll cover it in more detail in other TechNotes for other but similar exam objectives, but it could very well be I'm missing something. If you think that's the case, feel free to reply to this topic.
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that I'll be expanding the Implement Syslog Logging TechNotes with local logging as well. Since this exam is still new, it's a bit harder to determine the scope of the topics mentioned in the exam objectives than usual... I'm probably going to expand the AutoSecure TechNotes later on as well. I plan to add some new ones (securing cisco routers, and Threats to Networks) later this week.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    wow I got the exam on wednesday and just spotted these, veryusefull thanks webmaster
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Thanks Wildfire and good luck Wednesday!

In case you haven't noticed this one yet (some good links):
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/ccsp/SND_642-551.shtml
  • Options
    theevilmuffintheevilmuffin Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These are awesome!

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I'm just getting started with SNPA for my first CCSP exam, but I read through these notes and found them very helpful for work. I plan on sharing them with our security guy since I'm hoping to get him interested in working on a few projects with me.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like in this day and age, CCSP knowledge is pretty much essential for any networking person? So much of what I've been reading seems to me things that I should have been learning from the beginning or should be a part of every networking person's toolkit. I'm glad that Cisco is starting to integrate more security knowledge into the CCNP, but I actually wish I could have learned more in my CCNA studies as well.

Thanks for the guides!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog