Options

What is your opinion about Ada(programming language)

Disas_mainDisas_main Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, from a few days I want to learn Ada(I don't know why). What is your opinion about this language. I see that a lot of critical software is written in Ada. Should I take time to learn it. I don't think that I will ever use it but for some reason I just want to learn it some king of insight :D I will be very grateful to here your opinion about the language.

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    For fun, sure, if you have that kind of time to kill.

Ada is a fundamentally sound programming language, kind of a super Pascal used heavily by the military for a long time. Leans a bit towards Modula-1 structure if I remember right.

If you want to learn programming languages to show off yet demonstrate you know something useful, stick with the C-family of languages:
    Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, Java, C#, Dart, Swift, C, C++, etc.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    Disas_mainDisas_main Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    petedude wrote: »
    For fun, sure, if you have that kind of time to kill.

Ada is a fundamentally sound programming language, kind of a super Pascal used heavily by the military for a long time. Leans a bit towards Modula-1 structure if I remember right.

If you want to learn programming languages to show off yet demonstrate you know something useful, stick with the C-family of languages:
    Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, Java, C#, Dart, Swift, C, C++, etc.

Well i'm only 16. I guess I have enough time to lose :D Also you said that this language is used by military, I want to become malware analyst, do you think that this language can help me with my this job. I'm familiar with C languages (Python, C, C++).
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I don't think Ada would be that useful in malware dissection. I think you'd be better off with the C languages and assembler.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers