Options

What are questions I could expect to get for a NOC interview?

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
There is a possible job opening in my work for a network admin (basically noc tech). I have my network+ and ccent and if i get it i'll finish my ccna. I have had the opportunity to shadow over there and continue to shadow in the department so the manager knows my name. What are some things I should know for an interview or study up?

They do not use linux so it is purely a windows noc environment that is heavy with Cisco with the exception of Junipr for remote access.

things I already have in mind are the OSI model, subnetting, maybe some ofpf and eigrp questions, the difference, how to subnet? What else should i be prepared for or what have you been asked?

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    If they have a Cisco infrastructure I would probably be ready to talk about some common show commands or the commands you would use to debug. Basically think of it like how would you actually apply stuff in the certs to solve a real world issue/troubleshoot.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Will most likely ask you about common ports and most likely 1/2 uncommon ports, how many hosts/ips in a subnet, how would you do X command in cisco, what do you know about change/incident management. If I think of more from my own NOC interview I'll post again.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity