Options

CWNA & OSCP during University?

DefiledDefiled Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
In September I will be going into University with a CCENT and hoping to get my CCNA R&S | Security mid year (October - February)

Provided I do get these, I have my target set on trying to get the OSCP and CWNA over the next year and a half.. I was wondering if this is a wise idea to do?

Taking into consideration I don't have experience, or should I go for other certificates such as the Associate of SSCP and CEH and/or CASP?
Current:
National Diploma | I.T (Systems Support & Networking)
Working Towards:
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate | Routing & Switching | Security
BSc (Hons) Computer Networks (Management | Security)

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Defiled wrote: »
    Taking into consideration I don't have experience, or should I go for other certificates such as the Associate of SSCP and CEH and/or CASP?

The difficulty with CEH is that they do require an experience req. unless you take the official course. Not sure exactly how Associate SSCP works. I would say going up to CCNA Security at least is a good idea, and at that point you will have enough security exposure (exam-wise) to know what types of tests you are looking for next.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    DefiledDefiled Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Vask3n wrote: »
    The difficulty with CEH is that they do require an experience req. unless you take the official course. Not sure exactly how Associate SSCP works. I would say going up to CCNA Security at least is a good idea, and at that point you will have enough security exposure (exam-wise) to know what types of tests you are looking for next.

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at threads on CEH, seems the course is worth it, but the exam isn't.. I might try for the OSCP
    Current:
    National Diploma | I.T (Systems Support & Networking)
    Working Towards:
    CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate | Routing & Switching | Security
    BSc (Hons) Computer Networks (Management | Security)