Options

Recruiter sending unsolicited email to my work address

jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
In the past week I've received two unsolicited emails from the same rectruiter at my work email address. I can see he found me originally on LinkedIn but made no effort to contact me through there. He seems to have made a reasonable guess at my address, not a huge stretch since we use a pretty standard nomenclature.

I deleted the first email without a response. Personally, I think it's kind of tacky & unprofessional for him to contact me through my company address. I wouldve let it go, but the fact that he send a second "Hey just wanted to make sure you got my original email" makes me feel like replying and telling him I think his actions are out of line.

Am I being unreasonable? Anyone ever dealt with this sort of thing before?
"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    yes its rude. I would contact him and tell him to remove you from his list. I"m sure its automated, but they need to know to remove you.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Tell him to knock it off, you are not interested at this time, then put a rule in place so it **** anything he does in the future, spam is a fact of life now a days, get used to it.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This crap happened to me a few times last year. I usually send a strong worded email letting them know that I don’t publish my work email address and how I find disgusting, unprofessional, impolite, unethical, and just plain absurd that they would harvest addresses blindly and contact me at my current workplace to promote open positions. I also remind them that I consider this a blatant act of disrespect towards a potential candidate. I then close by saying that I would never like to be associated in any way shape or form with a company that supports this behavior.

In one particular case I got contacted by a company that we had an active consulting engagement with. It was awesome when our VP of HR called the owner to ask them what the heck was going on and remind them it was a breach of contract to try to poach talent.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Or block him. There problem solved, end of story.
  • Options
    Mr. MeeseeksMr. Meeseeks Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was hunting down some leads with Robert Half when I found my new job without them. Gave 2 weeks notice. Informed RH. 1 or 2 days later a sales assistant at work forwards a call to me. "We hear you have a vacancy in your IT department". Really? What if I hadn't given notice yet? You're going to try to solicit my job to me before I even leave???

Now I understand why they want you to find new jobs, so they can swoop in on your former employer