Options

The decision of the Century

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
Ok,

So the title is slightly deceptive icon_biggrin.gif. This is more the decision of the next several fiscal year. I am in the middle of making a decision on building an integration platform that will essentially take web-services that will call against a platform and convert them to a Building Automation System Protocol and vice-versa.

This platform will have some methods inside the core code that when the application calls it will have the ability to create points that will wrap objects in C+ BACnet/IP Protocol.

What the objective of this is... Take specialty systems within a building, have the developer be able to connect via a GUI to my web-server. He/she can create object that will then essentially be wrapped to look like BACnet/IP objects. Then a Building Automation System can read these via the BACnet/IP discovery.

Ok so to my actual question.

I like the .net framework, I know C# and VS 2012. I can work with it quite well. However, when I build on .net that leaves me with windows platforms. Soo. I have a murach's Java book on my floor, I figure it won't be that hard to learn Java, I know C++ and C#.

If I go down the Netbeans J2EE route then I would be able to deploy on Linux boxes.

What are you fellow developers thoughts?

I know you are going to have many more questions around details and use cases so feel free to shoot at me. This post is simply raw thoughts powered by a 32 oz Monster Energy drink hence the multiple plot lines icon_biggrin.gif

-Phil

Comments