Options

I finally received a job offer...but now my clearance is in limbo

Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
I received a job offer from a federal contractor. i went through the background check and filling out the eqip to obtain a security clearance (secret).

i was told that i would need to get an interim security clearance to start right away. I went 2 weeks after submitting the eqip when an investigator contacted me. at the end, he tells me its nothing to worry about. days later, i realized through research that since i needed the interview with the investigator, that it meant that i probably didn't get the interim, not to mention that i read an interim only takes a few days.

so i call the employer and asked if the position was contingent upon an interim, or if i just needed to obtain the final clearance. the person i spoke with wasn't the person i had interviewed with, so they said it was up to him. the person did say that my interim was still pending.

how is this possible? its been a month since i filled out the eqip and 3 weeks since i talked to an investigator. do interims really take this long?

Comments

• Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Took about 2 months to get my interim and 6 months to get final clearance.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oh awesome ok so theres still a chance. i don't know where i keep getting this "3 day" duration. maybe i am mistaking it for how long the eqip actually takes to be submitted or something.

so, did you meet with an investigator before getting your interim as well? i thought i only went through this because I have a previous arrest from years back, but maybe this happens to everyone.
  • Options
    jumezurikejumezurike Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the back job going to be this way too.
  • Options
    exspiravitexspiravit Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Depends. You may or may not get an interview, deals with the nature of the position. I was in the military and I had an interview for my secret and top secret but I know people who had a secret and never got an interview. They were simply granted a clearance.

I believe though that you are supposed to have an interview but there may be a back log and if you are a low-risk individual than you will get kicked back in the queue for TS and others who "require" an interview.