Options

Cisco 1721 or equivalent router and correct WIC's

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
Hey guys,

So I'm reaching a point now in my home lab were I've made two networks connecting to a single 1721 router; one network has a solo 2950 connected to a 2600 router and the other network has 3 2950's connected to a 3550 which then connects to a 2600 router.

I'd like to see about making a lab-based WAN with two 1721 or equivalent router, is there a better (but not pricier) router than a 1721?

Also on the same topic; Is there a resource that tells me what each WIC does? - I mean I'm sure I could do a Serial to Serial connection but nothing uses serial these days it's all EoMPLS so I kind of want to stay as close to real world as possible, so I'm hoping there is a ethernet (RJ45) WIC card for the 1721. - The 1721 I have has two serial WIC's and a fa0/0 connection. It would be awesome if I could do two 1721's with two serial connections each and then use a crossover cable over the fa0/0 to each router and mimic a WAN or just use a straight-thru if the 1721 support Auto-MDIX.

Anyways before I rant on and on; if you guys could help me out with a router like the 1721 or just use the 1721 for labbing purposes and the types of WIC's that would be awesome. In all 3 of my books, WIC are explained by not really the variations of WIC's.

Thanks in advance! icon_bounce.gificon_bounce.gif