Options

Virtual Classroom Training?

RHELRHEL Member Posts: 195 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I'm still fairly new to my current job (4 months in), so don't really want to rock the boat too much asking for expensive training. I found out that my company has already purchased or been given a set number of training credits through an IBM partner to be used this fiscal year, so the 5-day class cost ($3,800) should essentially be free.

Only catch is that it is a virtual classroom course. I'm guessing there will be a lecturer and a lab setup remotely and you participate over the interwebs. I have only done in-classroom training in the past... Anyone else have experience with this? Is it worth it?

At this rate, I'd rather take virtual training this year than nothing at all. However, I'm just curious what everyone else thinks.

Comments

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Virtual training is great because often times they are all pre-recorded videos which allow you to learn at your own pace. There is also visual and text involved which is a nice blend because again everyone learns at their own pace and in different ways. Many vendors/orgs are moving away from physical classroom training because the travel and expense is outrageous, plus they can reach more people virtually then physically.