Options

CPU Pin questions?

supasonicsagesupasonicsage Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I am taking my core test in about four days. When I was looking at the tech notes on CPU's on this site it stated that you don't need to know the amount of pins for the test, but both of the practice tests I have had questions about the number of pins.

Any idea which is right? I will probably just memorize them anyway, but it would be good to know.

Thanks!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    It won't hurt to know them ;)

Personally, if I didn't know them well, I'd likely not spend a great deal of time with only 4 days left, but I would review them as part of the whole process to prepare before the exam.

There is no way to know if and how many you may see on your exam, but it's probably a safe bet you won't see 80 questions on them.

Relax and enjoy the exam. You can only answer what you know -the rest make your best guess.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    supasonicsagesupasonicsage Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks =). I mean, most of them are pretty self explanitory, it wouldn't take long to get them down..... I just wanted to check. Last few day nerves, I guess.
  • Options
    lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    learn the basics remember the exam is for people with only 6months hands on experience.

know the basics and you should be sweet. watch the trickery in the questions.

if you've recieved descent marks in practice exams, and studied the Mike Myers A+ cert. rev 5, you should pass with ease.

i got 720 2 weeks ago thanks to the Mike Myers book
  • Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I finished reading all of the hardware chapters in the Myers book and thought the questions were very easy, and I passed all three of the free tests on the cd the first time with flying colors.

I'm through the first 4 chapters of the Exam Cram book and the questions appear to be much more difficult at the end of the chapters than in the Myers book.

Which of the two question types am I more likely to see on the test, straight forward? or tricky? or both?
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • Options
    technigaltechnigal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was asked a few questions on CPUs when sitting the actual core exam. I'm glad I used the technotes and other sites before sitting my exam, cos if I didn't memorize all the CPUs and learn them then who knows.

Go with your gut instinct as well as the objectives.

Good Luck