Options

What are the actual exam specs

PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, I've been looking around for this but I cant find a definitive answer. How long are you allotted to take each A+ exam in? Having said that, how many questions is each exam? and How long does it take most people to complete the exam?

Comments

• Options
    DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    TE]The exam is 90 min each part, when I took the 701 & 702 exam 100 questions. I'm not sure if it changed.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    majestic_pecanmajestic_pecan Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just took the exams, so it's definitely 90 minutes. You might hear something longer, but Pearson will include the time of the tutorials and surveys when they tell you how long the test is.

Removed specifics of exam.....

EDIT: also in response to you last question, it took me about 45 minutes to finish the 801 and an hour to complete the 802, after going back and reviewing every question. Obviously I can't speak for others; someone more knowledgeable could probably finish these exams in 15-20 minutes.
    2016 GOALS:
    Linux+
    Wireshark
    New job...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    CompTIA A+ Certification
    Required exams CompTIA A+ 220-801
    CompTIA A+ 220-802
    Number of questions Maximum of 90
    Type of questions Multiple choice and performance-based
    Length of test 90 minutes
    Recommended experience Six to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field
    Passing score CompTIA A+ 220-801: 675 (on a scale of 900)
    CompTIA A+ 220-802: 700 (on a scale of 900)
    Languages English, Japanese, German, Thai, Spanish,
    Simplified Chinese, French, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese

@pschodata, where were you looking for your information? Most folks start with the test vendor sites, CompTIA, MS, Cisco, etc... When they need specifics for a test, just an FYI to start there for your next test. Also, quality texts will usually include this information too, Meyers, Sybex, ExamCram...

Just so you know.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took 802 this morning. Passed with an 819. Started me with 90 minutes and I was out at just under an hour left, so ~32 minutes for me. I scanned through the questions but they were pretty self explanatory.

The part that took me the longest was the sims. Took me around 20 minutes to do the sims. I didn't like those; it felt like they weren't very clear about what they wanted and most of the UI was unavailable. Their directions claim that they try to make [as many ways to get where you need to as possible] (I don't remember the exact wording) but I had a hard time getting to the places where I could do things other than one certain way.