Options

Subnetting

supertech10supertech10 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I try to understand subnetting but not successful. Can you help and teach me about subnetting? I need basic and step by step to learn subnetting from very basic until advanced. And also I want to know is any video tutorial and training available for subnetting? Please help me about subnetting.

Comments

• Options
    saraanandsaraanand Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tbh, there are many videos on youtube that teach you to subnet. You need to follow the one that you can understand the best. I'd suggest you start with the binary. I personally found Keith Barker's videos quite interesting and easy to follow. To get you started you could try this and follow his other tutorials.

Convert binary to decimal, IP addressing - YouTube
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Starting with the binary is definitely the way to go. I can also recommend the subnetting videos in the icnd1 collection from CBT nuggets. One last thing: It took me a little while to get my head around how it all works, so don't be put off if you don't get it right away. Good luck mate!
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had trouble with subnetting for ages.

I would really recommend the IP subnetting course from CBT nuggets (its a dedicated course to subnetting).
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Subnetting Practice Questions

I found this site to be the best tool for learning subnetting.
    Start doing practice examples and seeing what the right answer should have been. After about an hour of getting them wrong it started to make sense and finally started to click.

There are a lot of shortcuts for subnetting. You don't need to know them all. Just use the one that makes most sense to you. After you have practiced a while you will understand better what I mean.

Good Luck
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just use my fingers and remember what each place is.