Options

ipv4 addressing

tomislav91tomislav91 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□

That is my one of AS.
But I have that network IPv4 that you can see. So how can I do it for 6,8 and 6 thousand hosts, when have only one network /19?
And for what I need all these /21 and /20 when the AS is that small..

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    You need to be more specific in what you are asking.
  • Options
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    You need to be more specific in what you are asking.

You can see one part of my big network. I have a some networks, and have to assign to routers interfaces and links. On router 8 on interface fa0/0 i subnet my one network and got 94.232.208.0/30 and it's OK(I thinks so, it's not wrote on image because i do it now), but what i don't know is that I have on switches some restrictions. I must for first router(from left to right) have 6000,8000 and 6000 hosts. But I only have one network /19 and can assign to only one router interface to switches. What than? How to get /19 network, because only /19 can have 8192 host, and /20 4094, /21 2046 hosts, so I just can use /19 networks, but I have only 1 that. How to combine /21 and /20 networks to get /19 and complete this.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So first off I think your on the wrong forum. Your questions do not seem to relate to CCNA level study.
    Second I think you get very little response because the last time we tried to help you it came across as very combative rather then appreciative.

Perhaps you can explain what the long list of IPv4 networks are that are listed in the picture. Maybe you are suppose to use all of them? We don't really know because you have not told use anything about the addressing except that you want us to figure out your subnetting.

Can you please let us know what you are studying from and this might give us a better understanding of what help you are looking for.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Sorry for not explain my task correctly.
    Which network should I use here? This /24 ? Or how to I did in second picture?

In this part of network i am using a bit different, if you can see in interfaces from two routers-switch-router(left to right). And it's ok this what I marked? Black is what I addressed, and red one is my given network. Or should I use somethig else?Numbers of hosts are
    Switch 12: 2000 Switch 13: 4000
    Switch 14: 2500
    Switch 15: 1000

• Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    tomislav91 wrote: »
    That is my one of AS.
    But I have that network IPv4 that you can see. So how can I do it for 6,8 and 6 thousand hosts, when have only one network /19?
    And for what I need all these /21 and /20 when the AS is that small..

Thanks in advance :)

Based on my initial understanding of your question, you intend to have 3 networks which have 6000 hosts on the first one, 8000 hosts on the second one, and 6000 hosts on the third one, but you are only given a /19 network, which it can consist of at most 8192 -2 hosts. If my understanding is correct, then there is no way you can do that, no matter how you try to subnet it because the number of IP addresses for maximum hosts is already fixed. Seniors, please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE

I'm not CCNA yet but thats not entirely accurate. A /19 would work if it's a class A.

A 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.248 or a /19 class A will yeild you just over 8100 hosts.
  • Options
    I got new network for that, one /24 so I can do my example from 1st post.
    Look #6 post, I have a bit struggle there...Is the addressing good..Just read it.
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Deathmage wrote: »
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE

I'm not CCNA yet but thats not entirely accurate. A /19 would work if it's a class A.

A 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.248 or a /19 class A will yeild you just over 8100 hosts.

Hi Deathmage, thanks for joining in the discussion.

One thing I wish to clarify with you is that, isn't it 255.255.255.248 a /29 network, leaving with 3 bits for hosts (2^3 - 2 = 6) in each of the subnet?

A re-read of tomislav91 #1 post, I notice he specifically mentioned "when have only one network /19", so I think no matter it's in class A or B, the maximum number of hosts have been fixed for ONE /19 network, which is (8192-2) hosts?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Yes, i can do it with secondary address
    interface FastEthernet1/0   description *** Switch-PT8 --- Fa0/1 ***   ip address 94.232.108.1 255.255.248.0   ip address 88.135.48.1 255.255.240.0 secondary

But i have got /24 network which i can make /30 easily. Can you see my #6 network, and point me in my mistakes?