Options

Practise Exams

CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Since I have failed my CCENT twice I am leaning towards exam nerves. I know the material inside out.

Would taking transcender practice exams be a waste of money?

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE]

As far as the practice exam, I am not too familiar with Transcender but there are lots of others here who are.

Have you looked at the score reports from both times and tried to narrow-in on the exact areas that you are not scoring good on? Sometimes even if you know everything else really well, one area can make or break the exam which I recently experienced in the CCNP Security track.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE

+1 to this advice. I just passed the CCENT (barely) and IP data networks is my weakspot. I got a 100% on IP addressing, or else we would have shared the same fate!

Focus on your lowest scoring area(s) first. Have you tried Chris Bryants video series? Really good stuff & cheap too.

As for practice exams, you can get the Boson exam now for $80. They were a big help to me in the week leading up the exam, because it pointed out where I was weak before I took the exam.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I only see one for 99$.

Can you point out where you see 80?
  • Options
    BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE and fixed font

This from an email they just sent out:
    Enter at BOSON.COM

Advertising removed
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    During the second exam did you feel better about the questions? I know for me the hardest part was not really knowing what to expect.

If you improved from test one to test two then I would follow the advice here and study up on the weak spot. If there was no real improvement then I would pick up a new piece of study material such as Chris Bryants videos or a different book author. Sometimes the different writing style will make a big difference!

Good Luck!

*Edit*
    Here is something that works really well for me when taking practice tests. Assuming you have already studied the material.

Keep a pad and pen next to you during the test. Every time you come across something you don't understand write down a quick note on the pad. This could be in the question or answer. i.e. any abbreviations you just don't recall.

You now have a personalize list of weak points.
    Look up the topics you wrote down quickly on google.
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies.

Off topic: Do the forums / site take time to load and sometimes have issues. Ive come across this at home and work for a while now.
  • Options
    After doing one Boson exam and going through the incorrect ones its because I do not read the question correctly.

A question regarding some output , I chose show ip protocols instead of show protocols. Its a stupid error which is causing me to repeatedly fail.

I had this issue with my MCSE and Network+ exam.

Does anyone else have this problem that they just do stupid things on an exam (reading question incorrectly , choosing stupid answers etc?)
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The questions on the exam are not tricky, but every detail counts and they don't waste words or add fluff like I have seen on college exams where you have to weed out what you are actually looking for.

its very important to read and fully understand the questions. Assuming your under 35, our generation is geared to skim sections and look for key parts of text to quickly answer the question.

dont do that on the Cisco exam!