Options

New CCNP R&S Coming

2»

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    MurphMurph Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks Like Kevin Wallace is the new Author for CCNP Route 300-101 OCG Nice!
    2013 CCENT[x] 2014 CCNA[x] 2015 CCNP[ ]
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just looking through the new ROUTE and I like the topics they are adding: CEF, ICMP types, fragmentation, MTU, MSS, Windowing, GRE, VRF-lite. All good stuff.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I didn't realize a lot of that stuff was new. Most of it that stuff was mentioned or covered in the Simplified series so I didn't even think it was new. lol
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't realize a lot of that stuff was new. Most of it that stuff was mentioned or covered in the Simplified series so I didn't even think it was new. lol
    It's been several years since I took my ROUTE, but I don't remember any of that stuff being included. At least not emphasized in any kind of way.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some of the "new" topics were touched on in the CCNA (MTU, Windowing, Frame Relay, PPP, RIPv2 - was on the CCNA until Oct. 2013, etc...) Some appear to go deeper than CCNA, but in some cases they may just be that Cisco wants to make sure we've retained the material from CCNA.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    If you do the current ROUTE or the current SWITCH first, you could just buy the current book. Might be a couple things you have to go back and cover for the TSHOOT later on if you do the new TSHOOT with the current ROUTE or SWITCH.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It looks like the new materials are slowly showing up on Ciscopress and you can already read some with a Safari account.

CCNP Training - Cisco Certification - Cisco Press > Certification Info
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Cider wrote: »
    Does anyone know of books for switch/route/ts.

I am scared to get any now since they will probably change.

Safari.com has the "Rough Cuts" for the new ROUTE and TSHOOT. But, its only the first several chapters (Routing Fundamentals, VPN, EIGRP, and 1 OSPF Chapter) so far. The rest of the OSPF Chapters, BGP, Route Restribution, etc...are still "under development". They don't have the new SWITCH yet.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    So. Why is Frame Relay still being tested?

It's not in the CCIE anymore.
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    So. Why is Frame Relay still being tested?

It's not in the CCIE anymore.

Apparently [or so I've been told,] the US Government still uses it.
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    We've got a fair amount of 56k frame relay circuits in our environment still. Our primary carrier account rep gets pretty upset when we order new ones though, LOL.
  • Options
    CertMeUpCertMeUp Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see updated books will be ready later this year but I'm hunting on how I can get an early start. Has anyone tried the Cisco E-Learning for NP Route?

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/on-demand-e-learning/cisco-for-ccnp-route-v2-0-180-day-subscription-elt-ccnpr-v2-0-020141
  • Options
    Roy4USARoy4USA Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Safari has early rough cuts of the books already.
    Search for ccnp: Safari

INE has all of the topics covered in their CCIE R&S Training: CCIE Routing & Switching Advanced Technologies Class - INE Which should be more than enough for CCNP.