Options

Passed A+ Hardware

s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
The test was pretty easy. I scored a 686 and the test only took me about 20 minutes to complete. Decent amount of network-related questions (about 10-15), a few on USB, a few on SCSI, a couple on printers, and a few on different types of memory (ram & cache), esd and wrist strap questions, a good amount of troubleshooting, and the rest general knowledge. They went over CMOS too. There weren't alot of really hard questions though, maybe 10 of them.

The majority of the questions felt like they were just giving the cert away though. The reset required some experience or decent amount of studying though.

I used the Sybex A+ book, A+ for Dummies, and the TechNotes on this site.

OS is next.

Comments

• Options
    cloudwarriorcloudwarrior Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i must of got a bad bunch of q's thought mine was pretty today well done though i like yourself have OS nxt good luck
  • Options
    stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dudes............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations and best wishes on your 2nd half of the exam :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job guys! icon_cheers.gif

And all the best in the OS! icon_sunny.gif
  • Options
    PaperchaserPaperchaser Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    s0c0 wrote:
    The test was pretty easy. I scored a 686 and the test only took me about 20 minutes to complete. Decent amount of network-related questions (about 10-15), a few on USB, a few on SCSI, a couple on printers, and a few on different types of memory (ram & cache), esd and wrist strap questions, a good amount of troubleshooting, and the rest general knowledge. They went over CMOS too. There weren't alot of really hard questions though, maybe 10 of them.

The majority of the questions felt like they were just giving the cert away though. The reset required some experience or decent amount of studying though.

I used the Sybex A+ book, A+ for Dummies, and the TechNotes on this site.

id have to agree on what you said. i got 724 and i finished the same time you did. go tthe same questions you did roughly
    OS is next.