Options

outsourced question

fredlwalfredlwal Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
How do you guys handle the interview question of why you left your last company or wanting to leave it, which might be on the application as well, when your department was outsourced?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Outsourced dept is a very legitimate reason to leave a job. So is career growth, change in career path, etc. Nothing wrong with any of those is used legitimately.
  • Options
    VikingWarlordVikingWarlord Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here are the reasons for the last four positions I left, exactly as I give them:

Company 4: Relocated out of state
    Company 3: Second job I no longer needed
    Company 2: Department eliminated and local office closed
    Company 1: Accepted offer with company 2

It's never been an issue.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    My company unfortunately did this. The entire company in IT is basically outsourced and I am kind of stuck here until my kiddo is born.
    I been told by others to just tell the truth:

My company has outsourced our department and there is no longer an opportunity to grow so I am seeking new opportunites.

As Viking said my previous 2 were:
    Company 2: The company was relocating to another state and I was informed to begin looking for work
    Company 1: I left to seek a more challenging role to further my career
  • Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    fredlwal wrote: »
    How do you guys handle the interview question of why you left your last company or wanting to leave it, which might be on the application as well, when your department was outsourced?

Two years ago I worked for a department that was on the very tip of being outsourced to another MSP. I knew it was time to start looking when we were forced to train in a bunch of Visa workers who could barely speak English.

Telling a potential employer that outsourcing has made you started looking elsewhere is easy!
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah, like others have said....just tell them they've outsourced your dept, and they'll understand...nothing more needs to be said...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)