Options

Accepted an offer today!

VikingWarlordVikingWarlord Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
One day short of six weeks since I left my previous job, I accepted a new job on the service desk with a pretty awesome company.

Interestingly, it was the job I mentioned in this thread. Mentioned the people I spoke with before, I got a call two days later. Did the interview last Friday. The HR lady called me yesterday to verify a few things, mentioned there was one other candidate being considered, and that a decision would be made by the end of tomorrow.

Got a call from the hiring manager this morning with the verbal offer. The official letter has already been received and returned.

The interview was the longest I've ever done, four separate meetings with a total of six people over three hours. The first one was the service desk manager and a senior tech, then the infrastructure and field service team leads, then the Director of IT, and then HR.

Though it is a technical position and my knowledge was tested, I really credit my success to a combination of being able to personally connect with them and ask plenty of good questions. Doing my research and being able to intelligently discuss the company's business strategy in addition to the day to day job functions definitely helped in this case.

Comments