Options

Nutanix Platform Professional - Passed

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the Nutanix Platform Professional exam yesterday after attending the online Nutanix Customer Administration Course.

I haven't read much about this online so if anybody is interested, I thought it was a pretty good course and test. The instructor was very good. The course is somewhat aimed at Nutanix partner who would be deploying Nutanix appliances. As a customer/end-user, all the info was really good. It was only a 2 day course so it wasn't the deep technical dive that I would have liked but it I also wasn't expecting that.

After the class I went to the Nutanix Education Portal where they have additional pre-recorded training. I also saw that I could take the Nutanix Platform Professional exam and sure enough after reading the instructions I had access to it. It was a 50 question test with 2 hours allotted. I thought for the most part the questions were good and covered in the training or the training manual.

Nutanix has been going through a serious growth spurt and I hope their education and certifications grow with them.

Personally I very much enjoy working with Nutanix and Nutanix products so this was a lot of fun for me.

If anybody is interested here are a few links with more info:

Nutanix nu.school | Nutanix

Nutanix Notes |

The Nutanix Bible | StevenPoitras.com StevenPoitras.com

I guess I probably sound a bit like a Nutanix fan-boy, I just really appreciate how much easier it makes my life at work.
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    OzdreamOzdream Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi matai, thanks for sharing ur experience. I am very much interested in Nutanix technologies and want to get certified. Loads of info on Nutanix Notes | vIRTUALvILLARIN.nET

Per your suggestion I sent email to them for video materials but heard nothing back. I checked for any in-person training here in Sydney but no luck otherwise I am ready to pay for it. Or is there any change in their contact methond? Please advise. I need your help on this. Or would it be possible for you to share the material with me so that I can kick off learning it? I do not work for Nutanix partner company..working for A storage company. Thanks again.
    - ozdream
  • Options
    Hi matai, I am also interested in Nutanix certification. Per your suggestion in another forum, I did contact the Nutanix education folks to give me the video materials but heard nothing back. Also, tried to find a training center in Sydney but it seems like there is no such training for Nutanix yet for public..there might be some for partner companies. Would you please advise on how do I get the materials on training? As for exam, as you said it is online. How do I enroll myself for the exam then? Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

To moderator of this forum: I wrote a response to this thread but it was not published. Would you please let me know why?
  • Options
    I believe this is where I signed up:

http://go.nutanix.com/nu-school.html
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
  • Options
    Thanks a lot!!!
  • Options
    matai wrote: »
    I believe this is where I signed up:

http://go.nutanix.com/nu-school.html

hi matai, I did contact them and got a response asking for if I was from Nutanix partner or customer companies. Right now, I am not working as I just migrated to Sydney. I have not heard them back after my response to them. I also signed up for the training but no response at all.

Is being from customer/partner company is a must criteria to take online course and exam?
  • Options
    karshauliya11karshauliya11 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have few quetions on NPP can youhelp me out in solving those
  • Options
    srijitssrijits Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nutanix note link is not working. Does anyone have this
  • Options
    welldcxlwelldcxl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is there a place to get braindumps for the Nutanix exam?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah just email Nutanix with your full name and email address. Tell them you want **** for the test and they'll do the rest.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Yeah just email Nutanix with your full name and email address. Tell them you want **** for the test and they'll do the rest.
    haha.. this cracked me up
  • Options
    I'm a Nutanix customer, I just bug my Sales Rep