Active Directory and LDAP Books

cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
I've been thinking about getting a solid book on Active Directory and LDAP. The two books I have been thinking of getting are both by O'Reilly ("Active Directory Second Edition" ISBN: 0596004664 and "LDAP System Administration" ISBN: 1565924916). I'm getting sick of only buying these Exam Cram type books and I want to start getting books that will give me lots of information on one specific area. If anyone knows about the quality of these books, then please let me know.

Cheeblie

Comments

• cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    I decided to go ahead and buy the Active Directory book. This book is way over my head at the moment. As I read through it, most of the concepts are fairly foreign to me. However, the more I read, the more I understand. I think as I get more experience with Windows 2000 and 2003 domains I should get a better understanding of these concepts. If anyone wants a thorough understanding of Active Directory, this would be a good book to get.

Cheeblie
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Most of the O'Reilly books are not written to help you pass an exam, instead they create some excellent reference books that cover a single topic in-depth. I known some people that collect O'Reilly books for everything that interests them.

I think it is a smart move to make the extra effort of really understanding the ins and outs of ADS, besides the fact that it shows up in almost every MS exam, it can make an Windows 200x admin's live a lot easier.