Beginning CCENT

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I had my CCENT previously, but let it expire as I wasn't doing anything in the Cisco realm. Now, at least in title, I am a Network Administrator and am starting to at least do a little Cisco work. Aiming to take the CCENT in six weeks and then on to CCNA. I really need to push myself to focus and figure if I can focus at home (seeing as work pulls me in 100 different directions) there will at least be a goal to achieve. Wish me luck!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can do it!

I also let it expire because I wasn't using anything with Cisco. I took the older version and I will do my best to not let it expire.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    There's a lot of really good material on the entry Cisco exams like CCENT now.

Since nowadays CCENT is the only cert you need to move on to any of the CCNAs (like CCNA R/S, CCNA Security) they crammed a pretty good chunk of info in even the first-level exam, CCENT.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am sure with some previous background in networking it will go pretty easy for you.
    When starting from scratch there are so many different concepts that it's hard to focus on the fine details.

Good Luck!
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey the_Grinch the best of luck to ya! I've been leisurely studying this as well and hope to get it by the end of the summer. Maybe CCNA by the end of the year? One can dream
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yup my plan is to have the CCNA before the end of the year. Been put off long enough! I must say they made some very interesting changes to the tests that's for sure.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff