Options

Help finding the right PDU or advice (Wireing question)

SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
So we have these devices that have power adapters (using 5-15 plugs) that make wire management a bit, well... see the pic. Id like to know if anyone could find a horizontal PDU that would allow the adapters to sit vertically or if anyone has some other advice to help me out. TIA

2014_08_08_84_1db07ec289a304473e43_1.jpg?is=true&ps=true

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I'm a fan of APC's Metered Rack PDU. They typically sit on the sides of the rack and allow for easy A/B power configurations, or for mounting wall warts like you have.

Metered Rack PDU
  • Options
    lsud00d wrote: »
    I'm a fan of APC's Metered Rack PDU. They typically sit on the sides of the rack and allow for easy A/B power configurations, or for mounting wall warts like you have.

Metered Rack PDU

Appreciate it, we are using these elsewhere, but they wont be used in this rack because the bottom half is massive UPS' and an HP C7000 Chassis. They would really make it worse for everything else.

Also, Im not talking about the two bottom PDU's in the pic, only the one with the adapters.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Whoops, misunderstood your original point/question.

I haven't worked with these personally (and this company is specifically located in the UK) but it looks like companies do make horizontal-adapter PDU's-

PowerData Technologies

It looks like you're running into space issues, but some velcro/cable management can be had with your current setup both to help secure the adapters firmly in place and clean up the wiring.
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Look at 6-12" extensions that go from the PDU to the adapters. They will be short enough that you won't get all tangled up, but they are long enough that you can move things around a little and organize them as you see fit. You may also want a 1u shelf to rest things on.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    I cant find what I need on that site, again try your best to look past the other wiring as it does not look anything like that anymore. Only the adapters are the same (sorry should of had a newer pic). Also, I really don't want to do extensions as it would simply make another mess elsewhere. Got to be a PDU I can use out there somewhere. Really appreciate the help guys.