Options

Have to take for WGU

ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
I am just starting at WGU and I took the practice test on the first test without studying. The only questions I missed were network questions on the practice test in cert mode. Not bad, I should blow through these tests pretty quickly. I plan on doing the oter one tomorrow or later tonight.

I feel its kind of pointless for me to do these tests, but its for my degree, so I guess I have to.
--
“Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
2015 Goals: [] 70-410

Comments

• Options
    abyssinicaabyssinica Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why do you have to do IT certs for a degree?
  • Options
    ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Several of the IT course final exams are certifications.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • Options
    ChamayoChamayo Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just found out that my CompTIA A+ Certification will count for a class at Oregon Tech for my IT degree. So that's a plus! No time wasted...
  • Options
    selenityhyperionselenityhyperion Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have seen several people mention that if you have certifications that the program works on then you are exempt from some classes. I wonder what CompTIA A+ will get us out of? I am also working on this so that I can start WGU for Software Development the beginning of next year. Already applied and sent transcripts and gotten most of the paperwork out of the way so it can be simple when the time comes. Hopefully I will not have to take Gen Ed courses... if I do I will probably take them from Straighterline before the end of the year!
    Completed: Starting February 1, 2015
    Needed: C182, EUP1, EUC1, C173, C169, C172, CRV1, C175, C170, TYC1, TYP1, C191, C178, C176, C393, C394, EDV1, TWA1, 3 unkown course numbers
    Transferred: BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, CJC1, IWC1, CLC1, IWT1, BNC1, C278, C164, C132 (33)
  • Options
    the_emuthe_emu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started my WGU progress with three of the CIW certifications - they flew by. Started this course for A+ and found myself inundated with more information than I expected. This will be good for someone like me - somehow, I've been heavily exposed to the software side of this industry, but darn if I know what port this is flying out of yet.