Options

I forgot the cisco command to ping from another source ie. f0/1

JasonHolmesJasonHolmes Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I forgot the cisco command to ping from another source ie. f0/1. Can someone please refresh my memory. Found it, it's ping 192.168.1.1 source 192.168.2.1

Comments

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What you mentioned is one way if that ip address you specified is the actual address that is assigned to the interface in question. You can run the extended ping command simply by typing: 'ping' and hitting the enter command. You can then move down the list and specify other parameters such as MTU, number of pings, source, etc.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Like was mentioned above, you can use Extended ping to specify a source address.

I believe there is also a source parameter you can specify through the ping command (this might be platform-dependent)

It looks like ping 10.1.1.1 source 10.2.1.1

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/7468
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jason why not post all your questions in one thread? Your stuff is all over the place. :)
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]