Hello everyone

Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
First off, let me apologize if there is an introduction section because if so, I missed it. Currently I'm in the Army National Guard working as an instructor for a job in the military. This includes EXTREMELY basic switch and router configurations but my knowledge is a good bit past that. When I was overseas I was afforded a chance to get my CCNA and jumped all over it. I was the lead network administrator for three separate networks with 300-500 users while managing a 5-person service desk for those same networks so my knowledge increased greatly. Military also got me Security+ as well. Extremely fortunate to not only have these paid for but get paid to take them. I am looking to start my career in the civilian world and have a phone interview lined up for a network analyst position. I have read a lot of the common interview questions and am pretty comfortable with them. Loved the information on this site so I instantly signed up to learn more and further my experience.

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great intro, welcome aboard!
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome! There are a lot of military/former military types here. I look forward to your contributions to our community.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the community!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Welcome! Best of luck in that upcoming interview.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck at the interview! I've got a few job applications out that sound promising myself! I've got an interview Thursday and I'm waiting to hear back from a few places I've been to interview at! Hopefully things go well for us both!
  • TalonizeTalonize Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome!

All you military people are making me want to join lol. Anyways good luck on the interview. Im sure you'll nail it.
  • Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a phone interview this afternoon so I have been refreshing on quite a few topics and feel pretty confident. I have refreshed numerous ccna topics, reviewed the company's mission, values and awards, brushed up on the common character questions and am about to start getting questions ready for them. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated! Already learned a lot and used this forum to prepare so thank you!
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums!
    I think phone interviews are about expressing confidence.

Good Luck!
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    welcome aboard
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to TE!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome. I sincerely wish that the Army had these types of MOS's when I was enlisted. Unfortunately, all I learned how to do was shoot at people and dig foxholes, lol.
  • 5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    Welcome, Vet myself :)

How did the interview go?
  • Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah biggene I am incredibly fortunate with the opportunities I've gotten from my military training. Definitely a good place to be right now.

5502george, it went well and I feel good about it. You can read all about it in the other forum. It's called "phone interview for Network Analyst position today"

Thank you both for your service!