Getting ready.

awiseguyawiseguy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I have been studying for a few months now. I haven't had much network experience except setting up my own or trying to learn about my companies wireless network. I have read two different cram session study guides front to back multiple times. I have taken the exams on this pages and gotten over 80% on them the first time and of course higher every time after. I work with a guy that has a ccna and he quizez me and another tech that quizez me. I go home and study for 2 hours each night and think about everything all day long. I have been told that I seem to be prepared and have the knowledge to take the test. On problem....I am scared as heck to take it. I haven't taken a test that actually mattered for over 5 years. I guess I am just being nervous for no reason but I don't want to take the test again. I have been reading all the tech notes and going to take more practice exams from other websites. But is there anything else I can do to get ready. I want to be able to sit down, look at the test and laugh while I pwn it. Also I know that the passing grade is 554 on teh 100-900 scale but what percentage is that? Thank you guys for any help.
Everyone runs faster with a knife!

Comments

• vexvex Member Posts: 113
    Have you tried any other practice tests? Try these free tests http://www.free-tests.com/comptia.cgi

Cheers
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • xlg123xlg123 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude..... relax. THis isnt the Medical Board exam. You sound more than prepared, especially if you've set up your own network. Have an underatanding of the different types, some connectors, what actually happens when (ie. DHCP gives IP address, DNS gives web address, etc.) I think your going to walk in and laugh all right. The test isn't that bad. I don't mean to sound as if I'm putting you down, but you have MANY more much HARDER exams ahead of you.
    I think your more than ready, get a voucher and knock it out. It'll be a nice Christmans oresent to yourself:)
    As fas as the score, it's a secret that only CompTIA knows. Soem Qs count, some don't, some are worht more than others.
    GOOD LUCK BRO!!!
  • gabilangabilan Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The harder questions are the troubleshooting and implematations questions. But dont be afraid if you know well the material you will not have problem with these questions. Just read well and analasis the question and eliminate the obvious wrong answers.

Good Luck
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Don't sweat it... it sounds like your ready to me.
  • awiseguyawiseguy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alrighty, going in for my test tomorrow at 12pm. I have retaken all the freaking practice tests I can find and never scored under 80%. Retook the ones on this site again and got 100 on protocols and 100 on OSI model and 91% on the 60 questions test. I think I am ready for this God I hope so. I need a pay raise. lol.
    Everyone runs faster with a knife!
  • arisenarisen Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you've done your homework and have prepared enough, the only thing you have to do now is try to keep your nerves in check!

Don't think too much at this point, Just do it! Be confident.