Options

Any "Article Style" Wordpress themes out there ?

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
A lot of people have a lot of blogs concerning VMware related stuff.

It is nice and I myself always had my own page as well. However, the site is not a blogging site but more like a knowledgebase for myself. It isn't even made public yet, but I intend to eventually.

So I am using my own hosted wordpress site and currently use a theme which is simple (I like simple) but not REALLY to my taste. Now I have been looking for bloomin ages but can't find the right one

I used to have like 10 vBulletin sites and still got the licenses (v4) which included a CMS, but it is dated and I'd like to stick to Wordpress now. But what I had was a page with a sidebar on the left - which included links to the articles, a main part which looked like a blog but the first post was static, and new posts were added at the bottom. Another sidebar on the right had widgets like a calendar, search and all that.

Using vBulletin is simply not an option for me.. I just remembered it took too much word to get it the way I wanted it to be and I cannot find a backup of that site anymore - otherwise I could bastardise it icon_sad.gif

I did find my old KBs I wrote for vBulletin - but man, they are 8 years old lol - and even Subdreamer (which I used back in the days) costs now money (feeling old)

Anyway, now I am trying to get this somehow done with wordpress but I am useless when it comes to doing that myself (used to be a hotshot in the vBulletin world - admin / mod on vb.org and whatnot - but that time has passed).

Hence me looking for a theme ..

My page looks currently like that (props to who can guess why the page is called open902.com lol)

122lxfb.jpg

Hope it makes sense ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p