Options

Question regarding practice exams

CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am writing ICND1 tomorrow for the third time. Both times I failed with around 801.
This time I decided to use Boson for some practise exams.

However after going through it for about two weeks sometimes I think im just getting the question because of memory. I do scramble up answers and questions.

My question is if this is just myself being stupid and I actually understand and know the answer or my brain is just memorizing that answer for question Y is X and not really understanding the question.

Thought?

Comments

• Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    Yeah they're only really good for one sitting.
  • Options
    I am not sure I entirely agree with that. I mean by knowing the answer you must surely understand the question.
    Anyhow, I will post my exam results tomorrow :)
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Try different pratice test engine(s) and see if you can pass the tests. I also felt the same way when I took the boson exams multiple times. Also remember to try to understand why an answer is the correct answer, don't just pick it because you saw it before. A good strategy is to read the question and come up with your own answer before looking at the options. This ensure that you truly understand the material. Good luck!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I try to name an answer before seeing the choices also. I usually don't get it right but it's all about the thought process.

The key to practice exams is to use them to evaluate your knowledge. Make sure when you read and answer it the second time you can describe why the answer is correct. If you just know it's right you don't have a good grasp on the topic yet.

One thing I do with practice tests that I think work wonders is to keep a scrap pad next to me.
    For every word or topic that is unfamiliar to me I write down on my scrape paper.
    At the end I have an accurate list of items I still need to look up.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I do the 3 exams (Exam A, Exam B, Exam C) in order so that I can have at least 3 tests with no chance of seeing the same question twice. I also don't take the Boson exam until I think I might be ready to take the real thing. I'm very good at memorizing questions/answers, so I don't want to waste a practice test.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply guys.

It would be cool if the practise tests would hide the answer/s so you can figure it out for yourself.