Options

How long should it take to learn Powershell?

John1992John1992 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
About a month ago I started reading a book called Windows Powershell For the Absolute Beginner and have two chapters left in the book and I can only do basic scripts. I want to know how long it took you guys to learn and get good with Powershell. Also am I learning at good at a good pace?

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How long is a string? Can't really say as everyone is different. Some people just have a coding brain and all they need to read are the commandlets and next thing you know they finish a 1000 line script.

It also depends how much you work with PS. Also what you do with it (Windows, Exchange, VMware etc.).

All I can suggest is, stick with it. Try to do as much as possible with PS. Even if you want to just change an IP or add DNS entries on a server. Try using PS.

Download scripts and try to change them and so on.

How long someone needs won't give you and indication how long it will take you.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    How long is a string? Can't really say as everyone is different. Some people just have a coding brain and all they need to read are the commandlets and next thing you know they finish a 1000 line script.

It also depends how much you work with PS. Also what you do with it (Windows, Exchange, VMware etc.).

All I can suggest is, stick with it. Try to do as much as possible with PS. Even if you want to just change an IP or add DNS entries on a server. Try using PS.

Download scripts and try to change them and so on.

How long someone needs won't give you and indication how long it will take you.

+1

This :)