Options

Inter vlan routing problem

njabulongcobo7njabulongcobo7 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

hello everyone,im currently confused a little here (looking at thee packet tracer screen shot attached) ,i want to achieve the following from the topology ​
  • configure all vlan to communicate
  • manage/telnet switch 1 (S1)
to achieve the above i have i have configured trunk-ports,ip addresses etc but still PCs in diff vlan cant ping each other "e.g PC2 cant ping PC4 ..."

to telnet i have issued the commands but still it says host unreachable
S1>en
S1#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
S1(config)#
S1(config)#line vty 0 15
S1(config-line)#password cisco
S1(config-line)#login
S1(config-line)#exit
S1(config)#

PLEASE give suggestions and advices in how i can solve the task

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't see a Layer 3 device (L3 Switch or Router) in that topology. S1 should be a Layer 3 device if you intend to route between VLANs.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In a switch topology, in order to allow interVLAN communication. There are two methods of implementing this: Router on a stick, or L3 switching. I doubt packet tracer has the capability for L3 switching, so it's better to stick with router on a stick, as L3 switching is beyond the CCNA exam's requirements.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    attach a router to the middle switch. trunk the port from the switch to the router. add subinterfaces
    to fa0/0 for each vlan i.e. int fa0/0.10 encap dot1q 10 <ip address subnet mask>

On each switch interface vlan 88 give it an ip address i.e 192.168.88.1 192.168.88.2 etc On each switch
    ip default-gateway <ip address of router>

create the vlans, name the vlans, assign the vlans to each switchport
    create the trunk from switch to switch.. It appears you are using straight thrus on the trunks. Use crossovers

access vlan ports for the PCs on the switch i.e. switchport mode access then switchport access vlan 10

If PC belongs to vlan 10 plug the pc into that port that is assigned vlan 10 give pc ip address that is in line with the vlan

on the switch that is connected to the router, vtp all the information to the other switches

vtp mode server
    vtp domain test

I'm sure I left out a thing or two, but this should get you started
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Having taken the Cisco Classes last year I know they won't want you to add a device. That tells me that you probably read the objective wrong.

Take a look at the instructions and see if it requires vlans to communicate with each other or just asks for your vlans to function properly. My guess is they want you to set it up so that any PC in a vlan can communicate with other devices in the same vlan.