Do I qualify for the CISSP? Please help
I have an Associates degree in Networking Specialist and Information Security Specialist. Certifications in Comptia A+, Network+, and Security+. A few years working in IT but not sure if my experience qualify in Security. Past jobs Help Desk IT Support, Network Administrator.
Associates in Networking Specialist
Associates in Information Security Specialist
· Active Directory: Resetting passwords, finding lock/unlock accounts, Resetting user profiles, moving files to different locations, creating a profile path, deleting profiles, adding EPOPS, and assigning different printers to users under MEMBER OF.
· Active Role Server: Finding users, locking/unlocking accounts, resetting passwords, and disabling accounts.
· Citrix Access Management Console: Finding users, resetting sessions, resetting servers, manually log off users, and shadowing users.
· Microsoft Outlook 2010: Creating PST files, manually set up user’s emails, setting up emails for their iphone, ipad and android phones, managing and creating new rules in outlook.
· Windows Service applications: Restarting the Print spooler.
· LMS (Lead Management): Finding users, re-cloning profiles, changing security options, resetting leads, change branches, updating effort code, change products, creating calendars, and search for lead numbers.
· Salesforce: Search for users, sending email to reset user’s passwords, and look up lead numbers.
· HP Service Manager: Creating Tickets, Closing tickets, searching for existing tickets, and escalating tickets to different departments.
· My Scheduler (ETA direct): Finding users, locking/unlocking accounts, and resetting passwords.
· Home depot knowledge base: Creating a step by step action on new information found.
· IPhone, IPad, and Android devices: Assisting in the Installation and configuration of Airwatch, Touchquote, Smartquote, Citrix Receiver, and Outlook, Deleting and Closing Applications, Removing MDM profiles, helping users log into Touchquote, Smartquote and email.
· Centerpoint: Search for users, locking/unlocking users profiles, and reset passwords.
Remember, ISC2 will only consider full time employment as part of your 4 years professional requirement.
First job:6 months (contract job)
Second: 3 months (Field PC Technician)
Third: 9 months ( IT support Contract Job)
Fourth job : 7 months till now ( Full time)
So 25 months total.
How about the one year waiver?
One year waiver of the professional experience requirement based on a candidate’s education Candidates can substitute a maximum of one year of direct full-time security professional work experience described above if they have a four-year college degree OR Advanced Degree in information security from a U.S. National Center of Academic Excellence in information Security (CAEIAE) or regional equivalent.
You do not meet the requirements for the education waiver you mentioned and I believe you can only use a single 1 year waiver (certification or unique professional experience). 4 is the least amount of time you can reduce it down to.