Options

Question about the CEH pratice exam.

Disas_mainDisas_main Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, I was doing the CEH practice exam in this site. One of the question was "What type of program is commonly used to bind a Trojan.." Here are the possible answers:
A. Binder
B. Packager
C. Wrapper
D. Covert
The correct answer is Wrapper, but I'm sure that binder(wikipedia) is also used for merging two files. My question is why binder is considered as wrong? Probably wrapper is correct because of CEH study guide but binder is also correct, or I'm wrong?

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    One thing I've noticed in studying for certifications, especially with EC-Council, is that they use a specific term, or want things answered in "their" way, not necessarily what is true in the real world. I know in the CEH All-in-one book Mike specifically says in multiple areas that things are this way in the real world, but for purposes of the exam answer it this way. So in the real world, binder is not wrong, but for purposes of the exam, it's wrong.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say in the "Real World" wrapper and binder can definitely be used interchangeably, but as JoJoCal19 noted for the sole purpose of the exam C. Wrapper would be your answer.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    Disas_mainDisas_main Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answers, I must keep this in mind if someday I go to CEH test.