Options

Questions about renewing CCNA by passing other Cisco exams

CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CCNA exam months prior to when Cisco made changes last Fall. At the moment I am reading through current CCNA books, and learning the material that was not included on my exam.

But I am starting to think that I shouldn't spend too much time on the new CCNA material. Instead I should be studying for CCNA Wireless or Voice. Before I start, I would appreciate it if someone can clear up a few questions.

- If I obtain CCNA Wireless, does that renew my CCNA even though my cert is based on the previous exam? When I pass Wireless, will Cisco send me a new copy of my CCNA certificate with the new expiration dates?

-If I get CCNA Voice a year after Wireless, will this renew my CCNA and Wireless cert? Or do I have to individually renew the specialized certs?

If this is all true,then in theory, I never have to take the CCNA again.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My understanding is that obtaining any CCNA Specialization (Voice, Security, Wireless, etc...) or passing any CCNP level exam will renew all your CCNAs - Both the Original (R&S) and any Specializations (Voice, Wireless, Security, etc...) I passed the same CCNA (640 Series) and never plan on taking the CCNA again.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]