Options

Shook the cobwebs out

brilowe88brilowe88 Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have made a choice to change careers into the wonderful world of IT. It is something I've "thought" about for awhile now and I'm finally finishing what I started some 12 years ago. You see, that's when I gave this IT thing a go and took some courses. I received my net+ way back then and just went back to doing what it is I've done all my life... carpentry. So, here we are current day and for the last couple weeks I've been studying my brains out trying to prepare for something I was sure would be no big deal. The truth is I made it a big deal. I'm glad I did. I became nervous as hell with taking computer exams after not seeing one for the last decade +. So I studied more. And after that studied even more. I read post after post on this forum. Again, I'm glad I did.
I know this is only the start of a long road, but this morning I shook the cobwebs out and passed the 801!(840/900)
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you! So, Thanks! Now I need to go study. The 802 is set for next week!

Brian

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! I am not to different. I took A+ in 2002 and studied for Net+.

Then a job opened up in my original field of printing and I decided to take it. I won't make that mistake again. I'm still in printing but 12 years later I decided I had to do something different.

Good Luck and welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed