Options

Difficulty of CCENT exam questions compared to Lammle/Odom's review questions

PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
How would you rate the difficulty of the exam questions compared to practice tests/review questions? At the moment, I am plowing through the review questions and labs without a sweat, but I'm worried the real exam questions will be brutal.

Comments

• Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was feeling the exact same way!!! That lead me to pull out some cash and invest in the Boson practice tests after I finished Odom's just to make sure I really got it down. I found Boson practice tests to be a very similar (maybe a little harder) to the real thing, so if you decide to invest in it, and you can pass the tests, you'll be golden when testing day comes around. There are also a lot of practice exams out there for free, I suggest you practice taking those and see how well you do if you don't go the Boson route. Good luck! Kick icnd1s arse!
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you know the questions in their books and can lab out every exam objective without using the book, then you should be good. You can download / print the exam objectives just to be sure!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the questions from Odem's book. Pearson IT Certification Practice and I found them to be similar to what was on the test.

The test is definitely harder. Be careful how you use practice tests. After you see the question once your really just proving you remember what the answer was. This is OK but be aware of it. I like to read the question and if I know the answer I explain to myself why it's correct. This reinforces the knowledge rather then just the memorization.

One thing I personally recommend to people because it work for me is this:

Keep a scrap pad with you during the practice test.

Write down anything you don't understand when your taking the test.
    i.e. The answer references CDP and you don't recall what it stands for, then write it down.

You will now have a list of topics that you yourself identified as being weak or unknown to you.
    Later on look up whatever is on the list to fill in your knowledge gaps.
  • Options
    BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I honestly thought Odoms questions were alittle difficult compared to the exam. CCENT is mostly show commands, Subnetting, and Generic Network questions.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168