Options

Help with Wording Resume

Hey guys,

I am currently updating my resume to add my first and only "IT-related" job. I put "IT-related" in quotes because it's not a typical IT help desk job. It's more of learning a Learning Management System (LMS) and supporting that. We basically take calls from students and instructors that use the LMS, and help them with errors, walkthroughs, questions, etc. It does include helping people install certain software on PCs, tablets, smartphones, etc.

So really, it's an entry level, 3-month contract job, that includes learning their product, and supporting it to college students and instructors. It has some IT-related stuff in it. It's not where I want to be, but it is experience.

Anyways, I want to add this in my resume in some way to make it sound more...technical. Something along the lines of the job description stating "supporting end-users....". Does anyone have an idea of what I could put for the job description that sounds technical? I hope I am making sense here.

***Side note: I do have my CCENT, and am getting close to taking my A+ certification. I will keep studying for certifications for years to come. I never want to stop learning, which is why I want to get in this field in the first place.***

Comments

• Options
    bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    Anyone have a quick suggestion?
  • Options
    geekgirl74geekgirl74 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you outline what you do from the moment you sit down at your desk in the morning until the time you leave for the day? I recommend doing that, then taking each point and adding technical terms to it as you can.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Use action words. What did you do? For example, 'Assisted end-users with LMS hardware and software related issues' or whatever. What exact types of software and hardware did you support? Windows/Mac/*ix/IOS/Android? Desktops/laptops/tablets/phones? Other gear/software? Did you think of any better ways to do stuff? Save the company any time (money)?

Answer all those questions in one-liner form and start each answer with a good verb. Post up your answers here and we can help you more.
  • Options
    bankintherollbankintheroll Member Posts: 121
    Thank you guys very much.

I came up with the following:

· Assisted end-users in troubleshooting LMS hardware and software issues over the phone and/or e-mail
    · Supported Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS platforms across desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
    · Documented all issues and inquiries with the Oracle RightNow ticketing system

Any other suggestions?