Options

Which path to take?

selenityhyperionselenityhyperion Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am at the point where I need to make a decision. I can either:

A: self-study for CompTIA A+ and start at WGU at the beginning of next year

or

B: Attend TESC for an ASAST in Computer and IT

Option B would take me an extra year to get that degree and then I could go to WGU... plus cost another $11k.
Option A would be more intensive for me but still doable.

Any advice is greatly appreciated because I need to make a decision very soon...
Completed: Starting February 1, 2015
Needed: C182, EUP1, EUC1, C173, C169, C172, CRV1, C175, C170, TYC1, TYP1, C191, C178, C176, C393, C394, EDV1, TWA1, 3 unkown course numbers
Transferred: BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, CJC1, IWC1, CLC1, IWT1, BNC1, C278, C164, C132 (33)

Comments

• Options
    chronos42chronos42 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I won't claim to be an expert on strategy here, but if it were me, without having any more information than what you gave, my gut would be telling me to dive into option A. Suck it up, do the work, save the money, and save the time.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm all for saving money, especially if the end result means you will have a bachelor of science degree from a regionally accredited university.

I recommend Option A.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    If you have been messing around with computers for a couple years 4-6 weeks should get you through both A+ tests. If not about another 4 weeks. And yes a WGU BS is the better route assuming you can self study successfully.