Options

Starting off career advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Forum:

I have been a poster and viewer for a while and now I am coming to you with a serious topic. I am just about ready to finish college and enter the working world(nervous and exciting at the same time.) Here is myself in a nutshell: 1. Enjoy computers and IT overall (mostly networking and security(CCNA CCNA Security, MCTS etc. Network infrastructure) but have gained a particular interest in project management(PMP, Project+ etc.) My coding abilities are horrible. I understand the basics of programming languages (Python and Java) but not to the point where I can write full on applications or scripts. I have some experience with helpdesk support and field technician jobs but these jobs were to tedious and boring and was not much of a challenge so I quit. My main question overall is this. Is it possible to get a job in networking without the need to ever write code and if so, is the position more along the lines of Jr. network admin positions where you install switches and routers in a building or regular network administrator positions? I am at a cross roads now and I would like to find my overall direction before graduation. Thanks forum!!