Options

Computer Forenics firm's db hacked...

DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They had the CVV numbers stored too? Supposedly it is against VISA's policy for merchants to store those.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Keep in mind they are known mostly for Encase and their expertise in forensics. They are not that highly regarded as far as security in general. So they might not be the best guys to protect your system, but they're the best for telling you what happened after you were hit. I was involved in two court cases this year (I know that's not much), but I can tell you that they are un-matched as far as court track records. It would be interesting to see who does the forensics work for them in this case. I doubt they'll be allowed to do it themselves.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What a load of crap icon_rolleyes.gif
    The database did not contain any customer financial data that could put them at risk of identify theft, he said.

Who cares? If the hacker has the card numbers and the verification numbers they could spend up large so who cares about the identity?
    Shoot, you create a new card with a different name and if the card is not on the stolen list you can use it big-time until it is listed.

Looks like a good case of "Do as I say and not as I do" from those clowns - I should think this will impact on their business significantly.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007